You love to write “clean code” in Java and Scala? You like to develop the whole process from backend to REST-API and you’re excited by beautiful results? As a backend developer, you’ll be responsible for building complex applications based on a microservice architecture. We develop cool services that are used in large and renowned companies and we would love for you to join us.
aifora is a fast-growing start-up in the Düsseldorf Media Harbour with an international focus. We enable retailers and brands to optimize their prices and inventories across all channels and to automate the underlying processes. Through the use of artificial intelligence, data is processed on the aifora platform in such a way that it achieves maximum benefit. This results in significantly higher profitability for our clients. These include companies such as KiK, Reno and Peek & Cloppenburg.
At aifora, we are unconventional, agile and autonomous, we never stop and we inspire ourselves with new ideas every day. We’re looking for people who really want to make a difference and who share our values. At aifora, everyone is important and contributes to the big goal.
- Development of microservices that are part of a platform on which retail companies can manage their prices and merchandise distribution using algorithms
- Integration of individual components and elements into complex and automated tests as well as our CI/CD pipeline
- Development of interfaces to the latest high-end technology and a Big Data architecture consisting of Spark, Hadoop and Cassandra
What you bring with you
- A degree in a relevant field is always good, but we also value practical experience if you’re making a career change, self-taught or a natural talent
- Sound knowledge of implementing Java EE applications
- Development of JVM-based server applications
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate or willingness to quickly familiarize yourself with them
- Experience with Microservice Architectures and Message Queue Systems like Kafka
- Familiar with functional programming and Akka Streams
- First touch points with Scala and Play Framework, the Lagom Scala API or Slick library is a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master is a plus
What we offer you
- Rapidly growing start-up
- Attractive salary
- Autonomous working and very flat hierarchy
- Exciting tasks in an open corporate culture in an international team
- Modern workplace in the Düsseldorf Media Harbour with free drinks and fruit
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Permanent learning and development as well as language classes
- 30 days holiday, subsidized public transport and pension scheme
- Regular team events
Are you ready to join us? Then we look forward to receiving your online application with your earliest possible starting date.